In this latest installment, we will be tackling the best air mattress for heavy people.
An air mattress (airbed or blow-up bed) is simply an inflatable bed. And a majority are usually polyvinyl chloride (PVC) made though we now have some made of rubber and textile-reinforced urethane plastic.
You Might Also Like: Best Heavy Duty Metal Swing Sets
Once deflated, you simply roll it up or fold to carry or store.
|SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress||500 lbs||78” x 58” x 19”||View
|Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura-Beam Airbed||600 lbs||80" x 60" x 22"||View
|King Koil Queen Air Mattress||600 lbs||80" x 60" x 20"||View
|OlarHike Queen Air Mattress||600 lbs||80" x 60" × 18"||View
|Vremi Inflatable Queen Air Mattress||600 lbs||81" x 62" x 21.5"||View
|Soarz Inflatable Blow Up Air Mattress||650 lbs||80" x 60" x 18"||View|
- 1 How to use your air mattress
- 2 Air beds for big guys
- 3 Benefits of air beds for big guys
- 4 Disadvantages
- 5 Tips on handling your air mattress
- 6 Best air mattress for heavy people
- 7 What to look for when buying the best air mattress
How to use your air mattress
Because you can carry it along with its carrier, an inflatable bed is quite versatile. Commonly, you will find them being used as;
These are so popular for camping trips. In fact, some have puncture resistant material meaning you can use them without worrying about loss of air while outdoors.
Temporary bedding (at home)
Whenever your relatives, friends and other guests are sleeping over, you don’t have to panic. Just pull up and aerate your air mattress.
They will sleep like babies.
Full-time permanent use
You can also decide to replace your beddings permanently. These would still work as your main bed.
You Might Also Like: Outdoor Chairs for Big and Tall Guys
Air beds for big guys
Now, as a big guy myself, I have realized that getting an ideal air bed can be a hassle, regardless of whether is for camping or my guests.
Indeed, it’s even a tougher call if you decide you want the very best air mattress.
So we thought that since we have some which are specifically created for us- big guys, why not share them with our readers?
So, for the remainder of this article, it will be showing you how to approach air mattresses for big guys, and what to expect out there.
You Might Also Like: Best Heavy Duty Rollaway Bed
So, can we start?
Let’s first mention how they can benefit you as an overweight person.
Benefits of air beds for big guys
- As a big person, you will need a firmer bed. Air beds allow you to decrease or increase the amount of air in your mattress (inflate or deflate) until you feel comfortable.
- These mattresses are intentionally reinforced to server heavier guys so they are more durable when compared with normal mattresses
- Since you can adjust the firmness, they are considered very good with back pain and related back problems.
- You may need to keep replacing the air pumps especially if it frequently deflates.
- Some have noisy pumps which make it harder for you to sleep.
Tips on handling your air mattress
- For highest comfort, follow given instructions to the latter when inflating your bed.
- Be aware that that mattress material may stretch a bit during your first few uses. We recommend that you inflate your bed at least one hour prior to its use. Remember you may need more air to attain full firmness at this time.
- Take all your mattress measurements from its center. For its height, measure from the center of its longest side starting from the ground towards its highest point.
Best air mattress for heavy people
While the market is flooded with many inflatable air beds, we feel that only a few options really make the grade for giant people. We hunted them down for you and we reveal them next.
Doctors recommend at least 8 hours of sleep for an adult. And the only way of achieving this is by investing in a good quality air bed.
This insta-bed queen size raised mattress lets you sleep like a king thanks to its superior dual-chamber construction which limits excess air movement inside your mattress making it firm and comfortable.
And its super-grip design ensures that it grips to the floor and protects you from sliding or falling.
It’s, without doubt, one of the very option for heavy people
- Secure air dual-chamber construction
- Stable edges
- Dual-Zone AC 120 volts pump
- Raised queen size
- Sure-Grip design
- Excellent carry bag
- Built-in cord storage
- Comfortable sleeping surface
- Comes with a powerful self-inflator
- Very comfortable
- Superb grip
- Quickly inflates and deflates
- Raised to a nice angle
- Easy to slip in and out
- A bit expensive
- Your bed may not hold sheets well due to its raised design
SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress with ComfortCoil Technology & Internal High Capacity Pump
This air mattress with ComfortCoil Technology is one of the most advanced air mattresses today.
Based on the unique comfortcoil technology, this strongest air bed is purpose-built to deliver the comfort of a top-class traditional mattress but with the flexibility associated with an air bed.
Indeed, you kind of enjoy the best of both worlds with this air mattress for big and tall.
We love that it inflates within 4 minutes or fewer thanks to its powerful, built-in pump and you can also sleep soundly knowing that it’s puncture-resistant.
This means it will never embarrass you by losing its inflation in the middle of your sweet dream.
So, for your overnight guests or friends, this big and tall air mattress will make them feel right at home!
You Might Also Like: Best kayak for a heavy person
- ComfortCoil Technology
- Extra-thick, water-proof top
- Multilayer, puncture-resistant material (15 gauge)
- Patented 1-click EZ pump
- Built-in cord store
- Sure-Grip” bottoms
- Carry bag
- “Double-height” air bed
- Durable than most air mattresses.
- It can hold up to an amazing 500 lbs.
- Extremely comfortable heavy duty air bed
- Beautiful and sturdy air mattress
- Very user-friendly pump
- Fair pricing
- True queen size
- The “ridge” at the center is fairly noticeable
Serta Air Mattress with NeverFlat Pump
Balloons do pop. And so can even an extra heavy duty air mattress. So you must always be careful of how you treat your mattress.
But you can reduce your fears if you go for a resilient inflatable mattress customized to resist blow-ups.
This air mattress has 2 pumps- the primary one inflates/deflates while the secondary monitors and maintains set pressure levels at set levels.
With this technology, aptly named NeverFlat, you will go for many moons without experiencing a deflation.
Then, considering that it has a total of 35 circular coils, their sleeping surface is comfortably placed to deliver luxurious sleep after a long tiring day.
In short, this potential life-changer is one of the most impressive blow-up mattress.
- NeverFlat 2 pumps system
- Automatic air controls (including auto-shutoff feature)
- Advanced support construction
- 35 circular coils
- Flocked top
- 18″ raised height
- Carry bag
- The pump works very well
- Perfect mattress height
- very well constructed
- Literally never goes flat
- Very comfortable
- In case of a puncture, repairing leaks takes time
What to look for when buying the best air mattress
So, what should you look for when buying a queen heavy duty air matress?
While they could be a few other considerations like pricing, puncture-resistance, and water-proofing, your focus should mainly be on;
- Does it have a built-in pump?
Air beds with built-in pumps offer more convenience whenever you need to inflate them.
So, I am biased towards any air bed with a pump.
- The height
How high is your mattress from the ground? Mattresses which are too low are harder to get into/out of.
- Air mattress weight limit
The weight limit for air bed is an important indicator of its optimal capacity. We have some which support up to 500 lbs. while others will do well with 300 lbs.
It is therefore important to check out its maximum weight before buying.
Even if it’s a Coleman, ask: “what is my Coleman air mattress weight limit?”
- Its’ thickness
It’s for an overweight guy so it should be extra-thick otherwise it will crumble. And it should be cosy, shouldn’t it?
- Quality of materials
If you want peace of mind, go for a heavy-duty queen size air bed as they are made with the best materials and tailor-made to withstand bigger weights.
Such a mattress also lasts longer.
- Size of the air mattress
Again, considering that it’s to be used by an obese person, I need it to match my bigger frame. You have a number of size options- queen size, king size, and even twin size.
You Might Also Like: The Best Extra Large Camping Cots
As we bring this to a close, I hope you agree with me that the best air mattress for overweight will certainly transform your sleep fortunes for the better.
And that your guests, relatives, and friends will also be happy to sleepover and extend their stay.
Now, the strongest air mattress should be thick and deep. It should also be cosy, with proper height, size, capable to hold your weight just to mention but a few.
Yes, buying can be a bit confusing but if you focus on the aforementioned fundamentals, then you should be soon zooming off to dreamland!
Otherwise, if you want to continue reaping the numerous benefits of healthy sleep, then you ought to take the search for the best air mattress for heavy people seriously.Last Updated on