Last Updated on January 17, 2021 by George Lam
Belts are worn for both style and function. This small fashion accessory has a huge impact on the impression you make. It makes men look more masculine and elegant. A man’s outfit is not complete without a belt. Unfortunately, many men don’t know much about belts, even though they are always on their waist.
However, choosing a belt that is solid enough to bear the size of extra-large men is not an easy task. A good belt for fat guys should withstand the weight and size of adults so it won’t break down easily. Therefore, when selecting a fat guy belt, you need to be smart in the selection. In this guide, we will highlight the most comfortable men’s belt along with a handy buying guide that will help you make an informed decision.
|5.11 Tactical Men’s 1.5-Inch Convertible TDU Belt||Up to XXXX-large||100% Nylon||View|
|Loopbelt No-Scratch Reversible Web Belt||Up to size 50||100% Polypropolene||View|
|No Buckle Show Belt for Men Buckle Free Stretch Belt||Up to size 64||View|
|The Bootlegger Leather Belt||Up to size 64||Full Grain Leather||View|
|BETTA 1.5 Inch Wide Men's Elastic Stretch Belt||Up to XXX-large||Thick polyester||View|
Related: Best Man Boob Compression Shirt
- 1 Belt Strap Materials
- 2 Care and Storage
- 3 Best Belts for Fat Guys: Buying Guide
- 4 Best Belts for Fat Guys Reviews
- 5 Conclusion
Belt Strap Materials
Cowhide is the most common material used in making belts. However, it comes in a few variations:
- Full Grain Leather: This is the most hardwearing and best looking, while the calfskin is supple and the softest. The full-grain calfskin is the highest quality formal belt.
- Braided Leather: This is combined with a frame-style buckle to design adjustable belts. Monochrome braided leather is good for a sports jacket but too casual for a suit. Multicolored braided leather has a casual summer look.
- Tooled Leather: These belts are decorated through a stamping process that makes patterns on the leather. Tooled belts blend well with simple outfits like a pair of jeans and a button-down shirt.
- Suede: This type is common in casual belts. However, it’s not as durable as full-grain leather, but some have full-grain leather backing for additional strength.
- Ostrich: These belts have a bold look and are dotted with pockmarks. Ostrich belts are expensive.
- Lizard, crocodile, and alligator: These belts come with a subtler texture and pattern and are technically casual but can be formal in a dark color.
- Leather-backed Ribbon: This casual material comes with bold motifs and bright colors and is mostly combined with a frame buckle. Leather-back ribbon belts are perfect for golf and sailing.
- Canvas: This material has a military origin and is used for functional rather than decorative belts
- Vinyl: These belts are cheap, colorful, and look stylish on young men.
- Faux Leather: This material comes with polyurethane on a fabric backing. It requires low-maintenance and is durable. However, faux leather looks fake and cheap.
Care and Storage
If your suede or leather belt gets dirty, you can use a soft rag with warm water and see if you can eliminate the dirt. If the mark is stubborn and cannot be wiped with just water, you can use a leather cleaner with a rag to give it a deep clean.
Once you’ve eliminated the stain or mark, use a leather conditioner to replace the oils that have been wiped away. You can use a soft and clean towel to wipe the conditioner and leave it for at least 15 minutes to be absorbed.
Once your belt is in good shape, you can either store it in a shoebox or roll it up in a drawer, or use a belt hanger to keep it flat in your closet.
Best Belts for Fat Guys: Buying Guide
When buying a big guy’s belt, you have to consider some factors to ensure that your purchase is worth every penny and long-lasting. Here is a breakdown of what you need to be keen on when choosing the best belts for fat guys.
This is one of the most confusing factors when choosing a men’s belt. A belt that is too long will not only seem inappropriate, but the extended tongue will constantly get in the way, especially if you have to visit the bathroom. Therefore, go for the right size belt.
Buckle Type and Size
There are different types of belt buckles. The most common types include pin buckle, autograph buckle, double pin buckle, roller buckle, and military/grip buckle.
If you’re looking for a buckle for formal or dress scenarios, go for one with either an auto grip buckle or single pin buckle since they have a streamlined design and do not attract much attention. However, for casual use, you can use any type of buckle.
Mostly thin and narrow are best suited for formal use, while wider belts are for casual use. However, there some belts that balance casual and formal nature. Always read the manufacturer’s product description before making a purchase.
The material you choose will determine its washability. If you opt for nylon or cotton material, you can use a washer to clean it up. However, if you have a full-grain leather belt, you’ll have to get better cleaning solutions.
Men’s belt should be muted in color because it increases its versatility. For men who like making a fashion statement, visible belts are an excellent way to add a colorful flair to their style.
If you’re looking for a leather belt, you won’t have to worry about the weather. However, if you want one with a tactical or military look, you need to be keen. If you like hitting the trails on weekends, you should look for a belt with some built-in weatherproof features.
Ultimately, the belt you choose is dependent on your budget. You can find a good belt at an affordable price. However, if you’re not operating on a budget, go for a belt that is designed with top-notch materials and one that promises durability.
Related: Best Support Bras for Full-Figured
Best Belts for Fat Guys Reviews
5.11 Tactical Men’s 1.5-Inch Convertible TDU Belt
Are you looking for a high-quality belt that’s strong enough to withstand any kind of situation? Look no further! The 5.11 Tactical Men’s 1.5-Inch Convertible TDU Belt allows you to move with ease, even in the most challenging operations.
This belt is designed with tough nylon webbing that has triple-stitch reinforcement for maximum durability. It comes with rip and fades resistance that keeps the gear ready for any situation. The 5.11 Tactical Men’s belt can be converted into a secondary carry strap or a secure tie-down, giving you a flexible accessory to use in any environment.
- 100% Nylon
- Non-metallic buckle
- 1.5″ panel
- Highly durable
- Integrated with a non-metallic buckle
- Highly flexible accessory
- Fade and rip-resistant
- It may be hard to tighten it
Related: Best Plus Size Jackets
Loopbelt No-Scratch Reversible Web Belt
This is a hypoallergenic and nickel-free belt that’s user-friendly. The Loopbelt No-Scratch Reversible Web Belt provides a perfect combination of loop and hook fasteners. It comes with durable polypropylene wide webbing and does not come with a buckle. It comes with no hook sides since all sides have the same fastener type.
This belt has a rubber coating that protects against cuts and scratches. With this belt, you can easily adjust it to your comfortable fit, making it easier to wear.
- Rubber coated tips
- Heavyweight polypropylene webbing
- Easily adjustable
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Good and simple design
- Perfect for a fat guy
- Multifunctional belt
- Velcro might cause problems to some users
Related: Best Jeans for Men with Big Thighs
No Buckle Show Belt for Men Buckle Free Stretch Belt for Jeans Pants
The No Buckle Show Belt is flexible and super comfortable for fat guys. This belt is easy to use and is a good choice for safe travel. Its snap design makes it buckle-free. With this belt, you don’t have to remove the belt to use the washroom since it comes with adjustable sizes.
This no buckle belt is enclosed in an elegant bag and is a perfect gift for your loved one. Additionally, this belt is very convenient to use.
- Thick metal bar
- 1.38″ wide
- Snap design
- Elegant lucky bag package
- Adjustable sizes
- Not easy to fall off and rust
- Easy to use
- Good quality and comfortable
- Hard on the belt loops
The Bootlegger Leather Belt
The Bootlegger Leather Belt is a super comfortable and fashionable belt that is designed for any occasion. It is built with the toughest and strongest type of leather that eliminates the worry of falling apart. It comes in both Bootlegger Brown and Avalanche Gray and ranges from 32″ up to 52″. With this belt, you’re guaranteed a high-quality product that can stand the test of time.
- Available in 2 colors
- Full-grain leather
- 32″-52″ size range
- Heavy-duty built
- Lifetime warranty
- Comfortable and strong
- Stylish and unique
- Buckle can be difficult to remove
BETTA 1.5 Inch Wide Men’s Elastic Stretch Belt
This belt comes with a perfect combination of functionality, comfort, and style. It is made with thin elastic and braided elastic that stretches easily. The BETTA 1.5 Inch Wide Men’s Elastic Stretch Belt is built with thick, flat, and durable polyester that offers maximum comfort without compromising support.
The BETTA 1.5 belt comes with a chic thermoplastic buckle that cannot be detected by metal detectors at security checkpoints. This cam-style belt does not have holes, and the waist size can be micro-adjusted to match your exact requirements according to your weight variations.
- Durable polyester elastic webbing
- 1.5-inch wide belt
- Cam-style belt buckle
- Water and abrasion-resistant
- Easy to use
- Highly adjustable
- Strong buckle
- Bulky buckle
Now that you have the best belts for fat guys, you have a chance to enjoy top-level comfort wherever you go.
If you want to upgrade your belt, check out our guide to get the right fat guy belt that will suit all your needs.