Last Updated on March 2, 2021 by George Lam
What are the best plus size folding chairs? Whether you’re holding an outdoor party or camping, a heavy-duty folding chair will help you completely relax when you are worn out. After all the dancing, hopping, running, and skipping, there is a time in those fun hours where you need to relax and the rough ground is not convenient for you. That’s where a plus-size folding chair comes in handy.
However, if you’re a plus-size guy, you may have noticed that not all folding chairs work great for you. Perhaps you require something with a strong frame or better lumbar support. If this sounds familiar, this guide is for you. In this buying guide, we’ve listed the 5 best plus-size folding chairs along with a handy guide that will help you choose a product that fits all your needs.
- 1 Why Plus Size Folding Chairs?
- 2 Care and Maintenance
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Best Plus Size Folding Chairs Buying Guide
- 5 Best Plus Size Folding Chairs Reviews
- 5.1 Flash Furniture HERCULES Series 650 lb. Capacity
- 5.2 Amazon Basics Folding Plastic Chair, 350-Pound Capacity
- 5.3 Flash Furniture HERCULES Series Premium Curved Triple Braced & Double Hinged Navy Fabric Metal Folding Chair
- 5.4 Flash Furniture HERCULES Series 1000 lb. Capacity
- 5.5 Cosco Comfort Folding Chair, 4 Pack, Times
- 6 Conclusion
Why Plus Size Folding Chairs?
Most guys deem investing in a plus-size folding chair as extravagant, especially because of their price. But, any outdoor activity should be fun and enjoyable, and you need a comfortable place to enjoy the endless adventure.
Here’s why you need to invest in a high-capacity portable chair:
- You’re relieved of the stress of broken parts. Different parts of a chair do wear out faster in low-quality chairs. However, heavy-duty folding chairs are top-notch products made from the best materials.
- The best manufacturers make the best heavy-duty folding chairs, so if you are not satisfied with the product, you are assured that the best customer support team will handle the issue.
- The best heavy-duty foldable chairs are designed to be portable and easy to move around with. These chairs are for resting for some hours and are designed to provide adequate support to your spine and relax your feet.
Care and Maintenance
Proper care and maintenance enhance the longevity of any equipment. Heavy-duty folding chairs are no different. Regular maintenance is needed to keep the chair functional for a long time.
- Ensure that you clean the chairs after outdoor activity. Use a soft and wet cotton cloth and clean stains on the chair. Always use mild soapy water to clean it. However, you should read the manufacturer’s instructions to avoid damaging the chairs’ stands and seats. Additionally, do not use any rough material to avoid scratches.
- Most folding chairs have a cushion or cloth-based seats. Use a wipe cloth to clean them. Ensure they are completely dry before storing them or using them again.
- Fold the chair and cover them properly with a piece of cover cloth before storing them. This prevents humidity and dust from damaging the chairs.
- However, folding chairs used indoors do not need to be cleaned after every use. Cleaning them once a week will keep them looking new.
How Often Should I Clean My Folding Chair?
As stated earlier, it’s always good to read the manufacturer’s instructions before cleaning the chair. However, if the chair is filthy or dirty, then you can clean it. Ensure that you clean it properly using the right cleaning detergents.
Is it Difficult to Fold a Folding Chair?
Most folding chairs come with simple mechanisms that make them easy to fold. You only need a few seconds and minimal strength or effort to do so.
What Folding Chair is the Best for Outdoor Activities?
The best folding chairs for outdoor activities have the same features as a camping chair. Outdoor folding chairs should have waterproof, corrosion-resistant, UV-resistant, weatherproof seats. The model should also be strong enough to be used outdoors on a daily basis.
Best Plus Size Folding Chairs Buying Guide
There are several factors that make a plus-size folding chair a good one. Below, we’ve highlighted some of the crucial features you need to look for in a heavy-duty folding chair.
Folding chair seats are usually made of steel, wood, plastic, cloth, or metal. There are also chairs that are polypropylene-based and are sturdy and comfortable. Some chairs have upholstered and padded cushioned seats, while others have elastomeric mesh seats. Since there are several options to choose from, you need to select the right seat material to suit your needs.
Folding chairs have different frame materials. The main ones are wood, metal, and plastic. Metallic frames are durable and easy to clean. They have a neat look and are ideal for both outdoor and indoor use. Wooden folding chairs have a classy design. They are heavier than metal or plastic-made folding chairs. Plastic folding chairs have a lightweight design and are easy to clean and store.
There are two types of folding chairs, the ones that have a seat and a backrest, while the other one features just the chair and lacks a backrest. The two types are great options. It depends on your preference.
The best folding chairs occupy a little space when they’re folded. Additionally, they cover the same space as a regular chair when unfolded. You don’t want to invest in a folding chair that occupies too much space. Therefore, be keen on this feature.
The best plus-size folding chair can offer you the total compactness that you would expect from it. Folding chairs look small when folded, making them a great option when on the go. Nevertheless, ensure that you examine the chair’s size before making a purchase.
Not all heavy-duty folding chairs out there are going to offer you maximum comfort. Before adding the product to the cart, ensure that it’s comfortable to sit on. The backrest and seat materials vary, and so does the comfort quality. The best plus-size folding chairs will not cause back pains even after long hours of relaxing.
The transportation and portability of a folding chair depend on its weight. If the folding chair is too heavy, you’ll have a hard time transporting it. Thankfully, most folding chairs today have a lightweight design. If you want a folding chair for outdoor purposes, go for a light one.
Best Plus Size Folding Chairs Reviews
If you’re looking for a heavy-duty folding chair that will not only make you comfortable but provide great value for your hard-earned cash, this is a great choice. The Flash Furniture HERCULES Series 650 lb. Capacity has a padded seat and back that are one-inch thick that does not compromise the chair’s portability. It is a comfortable choice for those looking for a folding chair that’s easy to store and transport.
- Gray powder coated frame
- 18-gauge steel frame
- 650 lbs weight capacity
- Impressive design
- A bit expensive
- Hard to fix
The Amazon Basics Folding Plastic Chair, 350-Pound Capacity is affordable, simple, and pretty decent to use for outdoor and indoor events. It comes with an ergonomically designed backrest and seat. This heavy-duty folding chair has a lightweight design, although it can hold up to 350lbs.
It features a reinforced steel tube-in-tube frame, non-marking feet, and a corrosion-resistant powder-coated finish that make the chair extremely durable. What’s more, this folding chair has a quick folding mechanism that makes it ideal for tailgating, camping, parties, and more.
- 2 color options
- Powder-coated steel frame
- Non-marking feet
- Quick folding mechanism
- Easy to store and transport
- Easy to fold
- Durable and sturdy
- Not very comfortable
The Flash Furniture HERCULES Series Premium folding chair is a classic model that can hold up to 300 pounds. It has a 2.5-inch thick foam padded seat that makes it super comfortable to sit in. This folding chair comes with quality double-hinges on each side that improves durability and stability. Additionally, it is equipped with non-marring floor glides that protect your floor from scrapes and scuffs.
- 18-gauge steel frame
- 2.5-inch thick foam padded seat
- Extra thick cushioned seat
- Ideal for outdoor events
- Durable and sturdy
- The legs are not the best for a hardwood floor
Are you looking for the best plus-size folding chair that offers the best experience for your guests? Look no further! The Flash Furniture HERCULES Series 1000 lb. Capacity is super strong and durable and can hold up to 1000lbs. It has an elegant design and is equipped with a waterproof vinyl padded detachable seat. This folding chair has a lightweight design that makes it easy to set up and breakdown.
- UV stabilized polypropylene resin
- Vinyl padded seat
- Waterproof detachable seat
- 30.75”x18”x17.7” dimensions
- Padded and detachable seat
- Waterproof seat
- Stable and durable
- Easy to clean
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor use
- The cushion is quite thin
If you’re looking for a big and tall folding chair that doesn’t need to support a ton of weight, this is a great choice. The Cosco Comfort Folding Chair is almost 1/3 bigger than the standard folding chair for plus-size guys, which provides you with more backrest space and seating area. Although the padding is not thick, it is sufficient to shield you from the strong metal frame.
- 4 color options
- Durable steel frame
- Tube-in-tube reinforced frame
- Non-marring legs
- Soft padded seat and back
- Non-slip rubber leg tips
- Comfortable design
- Thin padding that makes it comfortable for big guys
If you’re having a hard time choosing the best plus size folding chairs, we are here to help you out of your confusion. All the products reviewed above are robust, comfortable, and portable. Pick one for yourself today!