If you are overweight, lack of enough sleep may make your health worse and so the best bed frame for heavy person can come in very handy.
Since they are specially designed to deliver ultimate support and durability for a plus-size person, heavy duty king size bed frames ensure you sleep quickly and sleep for longer.
And soon, you will be reaping the many sweet fruits of healthy sleep.
Now, I will go straight. Shopping for a sturdy king size bed may not be everyone’s cup of tea
Because of the plethora of choices available, you may find yourself hopping from one store to another yet still end with a so-so ‘strong bed frame’
But don’t mind- this post will cover all there is to know about plus size bed bed frames for heavy people
However, let see why I’m saying that a sturdy king size bed frame is a real deal.
- 1 Benefits of using the best bed frame for heavy person
- 2 Disadvantages of a strong single bed frame
- 3 Common types of bed frames
- 4 5 most recommended best bed frames for heavy person
- 4.1 Zinus 14 Inch Elite SmartBase Mattress Foundation
- 4.2 Classic Brands Hercules Heavy-Duty 14-Inch Platform Metal Bed Frame
- 4.3 Olee Sleep 14 Inch T-3000 Heavy Duty Steel Slat
- 4.4 Malouf Heavy-Duty Adjustable Metal Bed with Center Support & Rollers
- 4.5 Kings Brand Furniture 7-Leg Adjustable Metal Bed Frame
- 5 What to look out for when buying the best bed frame for heavy person
- 6 Bottom Line
Benefits of using the best bed frame for heavy person
- To sleep well, heavy guys require additional support and this is not available in standard bed frames. Luckily, all heavy duty beds offer better support and strength.
- These won’t budge even with as much as 800 pounds, so they are safer.
- A heavy duty bed frame can also be used by your regular weight friends so they are more versatile
Disadvantages of a strong single bed frame
- Perhaps the only major weakness is that a strong king size bed frame may cost more.
Common types of bed frames
While there’s a lot more, I will concentrate on the 2 dominant types of bed frames;
Box Spring Bed Frames
Bed frames with typical box springs have some advantages.
- They increase your bed’s height ensuring your mattress doesn’t sag which in turn makes it last longer.
- They have some space below the bed which you can use as storage capacity.
However, Box springs, don’t last forever, though you can prolong its life by turning it every few months
Platform Bed Frames
Platform bed frames don’t use box springs. This automatically decreases their height and makes them a bit difficult to get in/out of your bed.
However, for many people, low profile beds provide a more peaceful sleeping environment.
In addition, since they don’t require box spring, they are not that expensive.
And how much weight can a platform bed hold? In reality, platform bed frames hold as much as box springs so you have nothing to fear.
5 most recommended best bed frames for heavy person
As our tradition, we decided to save you the hassle of digging for the best bed frame for heavy person
And after lots of research and inquiries, we arrived at the top 5 best-selling heavy duty bed frames.
Here are our heavy duty bed frames person reviewed
Zinus 14 Inch Elite SmartBase Mattress Foundation
This king-sized heavy duty bed frame doesn’t need a box spring and seems to have it all.
Valuable under the bed storage space, solid support, a headboard, optimal height …name it.
Then, you can easily move it anywhere – including through tight stairs thanks to its folding design.
Finally, you finish its tool-free assembly in a matter of minutes.
All in all, this is a gold-level heavy duty bed frame!
- 14 inches high
- Steel bed frame
- Tool-free assembly
- Folding design
- Smartbase headboard brackets needed to add to the headboard
- Assembly is so easy
- very solid
- Quite a nice height
- Spacious storage space
- Nicely finished
- The frame may rust in the long run
Classic Brands Hercules Heavy-Duty 14-Inch Platform Metal Bed Frame
Sleeping has never been easier than the way it is with this highly versatile heavy duty metal bed frame.
It really gives you options.
For one, you can use it with or minus a box spring.
Then, it supports all types of mattresses- innerspring, latex and even memory foam mattresses
Plus, it has a Flat, rigid surface that superbly protects your mattress- whichever you pick.
Still, its legs are capped so your floors remain protected from scratches even when moving it
Moving on, it’s Available in all the standard bed sizes. This means it works with every type of bed.
Finally, its folding design makes it transportation a breeze.
- Heavy-duty steel frame construction
- Folding platform metal bed
- Used with/without a box spring and/or foundation
- Optional headboard and footboard
- 14 inches high
- 13 inches storage beneath
- capped legs
- tool-less assemble
- Works with all mattresses
- Easily to transport
- Reasonably high
- Very durable
- Easiest set up
- Protects your floor
- May start squeaking after prolonged use
Olee Sleep 14 Inch T-3000 Heavy Duty Steel Slat
This is one of the sturdiest sturdy king size bed.
It’s so strong such that it comfortably supports the heaviest posh mattresses.
In fact, it happily takes in whatever weight you throw at it- and you will never hear it protesting.
Supporting up to 1200 lbs., this is a truly high weight capacity bed frame.
And to ensure that your Mattress doesn’t slide or wobble, you embed nicely in the frame
- Steel slats support
- All assembly tools and screws included
- No box spring needed
- Mattress is embedded
- Maximum weight: 2200lbs
- Hard plastic caps on feet
- Mattress will never sag
- Looks very nice
- Feels super solid
- The slats are super strong.
- Ample storage underneath
- Never scratches your floor
- The underneath storage can’t fit totes
Malouf Heavy-Duty Adjustable Metal Bed with Center Support & Rollers
Coming with extra-wide rolling wheels, and enhanced central support, moving this stable king strong bed base is a piece of cake!
And to make it even more stable, the manufacturer fits in a pair of rollers lock that makes sure it doesn’t move as you get in or out.
The other major advantage of this heavy duty bed frame is that you can always adjust it to fit your favorite mattress- be it full, queen, or a twin mattress.
In terms of your safety, its universal headboard brackets can fit with most headboards so you will always end up with a very secure bed
And it’s not mean on looks- the gunmetal black matte coating keeps it looking awesome for years on end.
- Adjustable mattress sizing
- Four extra-wide rollers
- Center support glide
- 2 rollers lock
- Extra center support bar
- Tri-support braces
- Universal headboard brackets
- Gunmetal black powder coating
- Great price
- Easy assembly
- The rolling wheels work excellently
- Easy set-up
- Has extra support
- It adjusts to fit any mattress
- You can create a designer look
- Not very big
- Sturdy but struggles with heaviest guys
Kings Brand Furniture 7-Leg Adjustable Metal Bed Frame
If you are looking for out of this world support, then you don’t need to look beyond this.
With 7 heavy duty Legs, solid steel metal standing, one-of-a-kind central support, freewheeling rug rollers with wonderful lockers, this is an elite heavy duty king size bed frame
Whether Working with full, queen, twin, full XL, and twin XL size beds, this adjustable bed frame is an epitome of strength, durability, quality, and resilience.
Then, as you would expect with one of the best plus size bed bed frames for heavy people, it’s easy to move and takes less than ten minutes to put up!
- 7-leg adjustable metallic frame
- Strong center support
- Constructed with rolling wheels (fitted with locks)
- Headboard mounts
- Works with full, queen, twin, full XL, and twin XL size beds.
- Awesome support
- No squeaks or wobbles
- Top level durability
- Fully adjustable
- Lovable movement
- Very well constructed
- Can’t work with a king-sized bed
You Might Also Like: Best Air Mattress For Heavy People
What to look out for when buying the best bed frame for heavy person
Let’s now briefly highlight the factors that you should have at the back of your mind when selecting a heavy duty king bed frame
Here they are:
- Design and style
We saw that you have a choice between spring box and platform bed frames. And you already know the pros and cons of each.
- Ease of Assembly
I am sure you want a bed frame that you can set up within minutes. We rejected some bed frames because they had very confusing assembly instructions or were missing some setup accessories such as screws.
- How much weight can a king size bed hold?
Most of the big beds for big people have their maximum weight clearly marked on the packaging.
You can rest assured that picking a frame with a lower capacity than your weight is risky considering that it can even crash while you are sleeping.
So, go for a very sturdy bed frame
- Your comfort
What exactly are your actual needs as far as your comfort is concerned? While it may take longer before you nail it, bear in mind that the best king strong bed base should be strong enough to hold your weight, without creaking.
Furthermore, it should have some padding and be tall enough to comfortably fit your giant frame. Accessories like headboards also add to your comfort
It should be light enough to move around especially if you are a fan of outdoor activities like camping.
- Storage capacity
A bed makes you more organized if it has some storage space where you can keep a reading material, phone, and some other personal items
Furniture for heavy people shouldn’t be ugly. You would hate to land an ugly heavy duty king size bed frame as it nullifies your best efforts at making your living space attractive for guests.
From our heavy duty bed frames write-up, it’s clear that you need not struggle with sleep problems just because you are overweight.
We have seen that a high weight capacity bed frame will sort you.
Then, from our best bed frame for heavy people review, you got some great insights into what you can expect with the very best heavy duty mattress frame
And with that, we hope you are now ready to get it right.
All the best mate.Last Updated on