Heavy duty bunk beds for adults are unlike many other bunk bed types in several aspects:
First and foremost, they are designed to withstand extreme strain, and don’t move an inch even when a plus-size man (like yours truly) hops in.
Then, you will notice their frames are robust and generally serve for longer. Still, your heavy duty bunk bed maybe usually larger again making it a sizzling choice for any plus-size person.
Here is what I love most:
If you arm your sturdy bunk bed with a mattress of greater density, you upgrade your nights from being just good to a thrilling experience.
Loving it? Now, this guide is to help you land the very best sturdy bunk beds whenever you are out shopping….
- 1 Advantages of purchasing heavy duty bunk beds for adults
- 2 Disadvantages of purchasing heavy duty bunk beds for adults
- 3 Heavy duty bunk beds for adults: FAQs
- 4 Heavy duty bunk beds for adults buying guide
- 5 Heavy duty bunk beds for adults reviews
- 6 Conclusion
Advantages of purchasing heavy duty bunk beds for adults
- You already know this one: They are handy space savers. If you live in a small apartment and receive a lot of guests, sturdy bunk beds for adults never disappoint.
- They are resilient: Most heavy duty metal bunk beds for adults will still be functional many years later.
- Adult metal bunk beds are safe: Since they are steady under weight, they hardly collapse so you’re protected from possible injuries. Some even come with guardrails.
- Oversized bunk beds support even smaller people so they can be used by others even after your obese kids move out of home.
- Some sturdy wooden bunk beds are beautifully finished and make your rooms aesthetically pleasing.
You Might Also Like: What is the Best Heavy Duty Futon?
Disadvantages of purchasing heavy duty bunk beds for adults
- Though they offer good value for your money, some heavy duty metal bunk beds are quite costly.
- It’s an open secret that metal bunk beds for adults are incredibly heavy so they’re not very easy to move about.
Heavy duty bunk beds for adults: FAQs
Lets’ now shift gears and look at some of the questions people ask about sturdy loft beds.
Can bunk beds hold adults?
A: Because of their reinforced construction, heavy duty bunk beds are safe and sound to sleep on by all adults, including us, the overweight.
Are Bunk beds Comfortable?
A: With the right mattresses and other accessories, bunk beds are as comfortable as a normal bed so you will still sleep like a child.
What is the Best mattress for Bunk Beds?
A: Overall, bunk beds are not much different from mattresses used in traditional beds. However, the dimensions of every bunk will point you to the correct mattress size. But most accommodate either twin or full sized mattresses. A few models combine the two.
Can bunk beds collapse?
A: Yes and No. if you go for a weaker one- the market has so many of these-, there’s always a chance that it could collapse on you cutting short your dream. But collapsing is largely an alien term as far as sturdy metal bunk beds are concerned.
What is the average price for bunk beds?
A: Well, the price depends on the material used, general construction, and the brand. But on the whole, heavy duty types are priced higher than ordinary bunk beds.
You Might Also Like: Best Sleeping Bag for Big Guys
Heavy duty bunk beds for adults buying guide
If you are looking for bunk beds suitable for adults, expect to be faced with a lot of models. Forget about the features that the salesman is drumming into you. Here is what you should counter check:
- Weight limit
These beds vary in their carrying capacity. You may find a metal bunk bed weight limit listed as 1000 lbs. (Imagine that?) which will of course fit guys who tip the scales at that level while there are some pretty good beds with different weight caps.
The most important thing is to ensure that whatever your choice, it will adequately support your weight.
Just like living room furniture, heavy duty bedroom furniture should be fashionable.
As I had mentioned, I find some of the sturdy wood bunk beds very beautiful. Meaning, if you want to maintain a certain style in your guest room, you may have to opt for a bed that matches with the existing décor.
Some come with an espresso finish while others are coated with a pleasant-looking dark color. Some heavy duty wood bunk beds have a contemporary design and compliment almost any room décor.
And so forth.
- The Ladder
The best bed should be easy and comfortable to climb up and step downwards. However, some beds have a ladder which is rather uncomfortable to climb and are generally hard to use. Certain ladders also feel shaky and may expose you to the risk of slipping and falling.
To be on the safe side, look for a bed whose ladder provides a larger stepping surface and having a sturdy built-in handrail.
Additionally, a quality ladder will have groves on its stepping to avoid slippage.
Another option is a staircase bed. These have extra space and support making climbing easy and super-safe.
- Ease of Assembly
Unless you are a skilled technician, you will always appreciate a bunk bed that’s easy to set up.
Some will take two hours with up to four people working on the assembly while the market also offers models which are fairly direct to fix.
Try to read the directions. If they’re clear and are supported by self-explanatory images, then expect an easier job.
Unfortunately, some manufacturers make beds which are notoriously hard to mount.
Some beds come with special accessories and are much more comfortable, fun, and convenient.
For instance, a headboard adds comfort to you bunk bed as does a footboard. Most sturdy bunk beds also include slats so you don’t need a separate base to support your mattress.
Others have a hand-hole detail adding safety and style while yet others accommodate storage drawers in the bottom bunk where you can store your personal items such as your phone, cloth items, and a book.
Depending on the design, a bunk bed can serve multiple purposes. For example, a futon bunk Bed can be converted with the lower part becoming a restful sofa for your visitors.
Those with built-in desks offer a convenient studying place while saving on your floor space.
Heavy duty bunk beds for adults reviews
Powell Heavy Metal Black Full Over Full Bunk Bed
If you know the meaning of strength, then you need to give the Powell heavy duty metal bunk bed a hearing.
Because of its outstanding metallic construction, this holds on strongly under all sorts of pressure and can survive the harshest treatment.
You can even jump while in the top bunk and trust me, it won’t give in. It also meets expectations in the form of space- it’s very spacious.
Besides, it looks easy on the eye with its elegant black complimenting your décor while the sturdy step ladder gives you an easy way up and down from the bunk.
- Full over full bed
- Black finishing
- Sturdy step ladder
- Weight limit: 300 pounds
- The bed is super sturdy
- Assembly proceeds pretty well.
- This bunk bed looks great once installed in the room.
- It’s a full size so it’s very spacious.
- You can separate the beds and use them individually
- The ladder is a bit hard.
Dorel Home Products Silver Screen Twin/Futon Bunk Bed
Like any other futon bed, you can use the Dorel Twin/Futon bunk bed both as a cozy sofa and a soothing bed at night.
It’s one of the less bulky choices so you can easily shift it from one room to another. The straight ladder is not only comfortable but also easy to climb. Still, the engineering is such that converting it into a sofa is a breeze.
Despite all this, the bunk bed comes at an amazing price meaning you get style, versatility, and functionality without breaking the bank.
- Contemporary design
- Weight limit: Futon, 600 lbs, top bunk, 225 lbs.
- Futon bunk bed (top bunk is a twin)
- Metal frame
- It looks very modern and attractive.
- The futon can support guests weighing an incredible 600 lbs.
- It can be used as a relaxing sofa during the day.
- It’s another super solid bunk bed.
- It comes at a fantastic price.
- It’s not the easiest to assemble.
Max & Lily Solid Wood Twin over Twin Bunk Bed, Espresso
A premier quality sturdy bunk bed, the Max & Lily twin over twin bed is made of solid Pine wood and is by a mile, one of the sturdiest in the market.
It’s also full of other awesome features:
To start with, you can separate the two twin Bunks into two free-standing beds so you can use it as an ordinary bed if you migrate to a spacious room.
Then, with a capacity to support as much as 400 lbs. the bed has an admirable ability and beats some of the leading models in the bunk beds space.
Still, it comes with taller 14 inches guardrails meaning it safely fits standard mattress sizes.
Best of all?
You can install storage drawers under the beds or even a trundle bed.
- Pine wood construction (metal support).
- Weight limit: 400 lbs.
- Reversible ladder
- 14 inch. guardrails
- Compatible with storage drawers/trundle bed
- This bed is of outstanding quality.
- The construction is very durable.
- It can accommodate drawers or a trundle.
- The taller guardrails make it very safe.
- You can reverse the ladder to your preferred side.
- It’s not as pocket-friendly as the Dorel Twin/Futon bunk bed
As you can see from our heavy duty bunk beds for adults guide, you and your big friends can still sleep safely and soundly while saving on your room space.
The best heavy duty bunk beds for adults will not bulge under weight meaning that you don’t have to worry- the way you would when using a conventional bunk bed.
We have also looked at some of the greatest choices trending in the market today to make your work easier when out shopping.
Plus the features that can make all the difference in a bunk bed for a heavier person.
So, can we wish you luck with your bunk bed choice?Last Updated on